Home › List of Faculty Members › Publications
Dr. Md. Kafiul Islam
Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Independent University, Bangladesh
List of Publications
- Azam Khalili, Amir Rastegarnia, Vahid Vahidpour, Md Kafiul Islam: Adaptive Filtering Based Algorithm for Impulsive Noise Cancellation from ECG Signal: Accepted in Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering Innovations, 2017.
- Md. Kafiul Islam, Azam Khalili, Zhi Yang: Probability Mapping based Artifact Detection and Wavelet Denoising based Artifact Removal from Scalp EEG for Brain-Computer Interface (BCI) Applications (In Preparation), 2017.
- Md. Kafiul Islam, Amir Rastegarnia and Zhi Yang: Artifact Removal Algorithm from EEG Signal By Optimizing Mother Wavelet and Threshold Parameters (In Preparation), 2017.
- Amir Jalilifard, Ednaldo Brigante Pizzolato and Md. Kafiul Islam: Classification of Emotions Induced by Horror and Relaxing Movies Using Single-Channel Recording (In Preparation), 2017.
- Md. Kafiul Islam, Amir Rastegarnia and Zhi Yang: Methods for Artifact Detection and Removal from Scalp EEG: A Review. Neurophysiologie clinique= Clinical neurophysiology, 2016 Nov; 46(4-5):287.
- Pak, Amin Lotfzad, Azam Khalili, Md Kafiul Islam, and Amir Rastegarnia. A Distributed Target Localization Algorithm for Mobile Adaptive Networks. ECTI Transactions on Electrical Engineering, Electronics, and Communications 14, no. 2 (2016): 47-56.
- Azam Khalili, Amir Rastegarnia, Md Kafiul Islam, Tohid Yousefi Rezaii: Steady-State Tracking Analysis of Adaptive Filter with Maximum Correntropy Criterion. Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing (Springer) 2016, DOI: 10.1007/s00034-016-0373-9
- Amir Rastegarnia, Azam Khalili, and Md Kafiul Islam: A Self-Organizing Diffusion Mobile Adaptive Network for Pursuing a Target. American Journal of Signal Processing 2016, 6(2): 25-31.
- A Rastegarnia, A Khalili, MK Islam: A Robust Distributed Estimation Algorithm under Alpha-Stable Noise Condition. Journal of Communication Engineering, 2016, 4(2): 76-85.
- Md. Kafiul Islam, Amir Rastegarnia, Zhi Yang: A Wavelet-Based Artifact Reduction from Scalp EEG for Epileptic Seizure Detection. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics 07/2015; DOI:10.1109/JBHI.2015.2457093
- Tasnuva Faruk, Md Kafiul Islam, Sams Arefin, Md Zahurul Haq: The Journey of Elastography: Background, Current Status and Future Possibilities in Breast Cancer Diagnosis. Clinical Breast Cancer 01/2015; DOI:10.1016/j.clbc.2015.01.002
- Jian Xu, Menglian Zhao, Xiaobo Wu, Md. Kafiul Islam, Zhi Yang: A High Performance Delta-Sigma Modulator for Neurosensing. In Special Issue of Sensors under Biosensors section: Power Schemes for Biosensors and Biomedical Devices, June, 2015.
- Amir Rastegarnia · Azam Khalili · Vahid Vahidpour · Md Kafiul Islam: Frequency Estimation of Unbalanced Three-Phase Power Systems Using the Modified Adaptive Filtering. American Journal of Signal Processing DOI: 10.5923/s.ajsp.201501.03
- Md Kafiul Islam, Amir Rastegarnia, Anh Tuan Nguyen, Zhi Yang: Artifact Characterization and Removal for In-Vivo Neural Recording.. Journal of Neuroscience Methods 04/2014; 226(C):110-123. DOI:10.1016/j.jneumeth.2014.01.027
- MK Islam, AN Haque, G Tangim, T Ahammad, M Khondokar: Study and Analysis of ECG Signal Using MATLAB & LABVIEW as Effective Tools. 01/2012; 4(3):404-408. DOI:10.7763/IJCEE.2012.V4.522
- Md Kafiul Islam, Tanvir Ahammad, Enamul Haq Pathan, ANM Mushfiqul Haque, Md Rezwanul Haque} International Journal Modeling Khandokar, Optimization: Analysis of Maximum Possible Utilization of Solar Radiation on a Solar Photovoltaic Cell with a Proposed Model. International Journal of Modeling and Optimization 01/2011; 1(1):66-69. DOI:10.7763/IJMO.2011.V1.12
- MD. REZWANUL HAQUE KHANDOKER, AHMED, FEROZ, MD. KAFIUL ISLAM, MAHMUDA SUBAHA: Improvement of Phase Estimation in COOFDM Transmission by Compensating Chromatic Dispersion. International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology, 2010.
- AHMED, FEROZ, REZWANUL HAQUE KHANDOKER, ISLAM KAFIUL, MAHMUDA SUBAHA: Database Based Phase Noise Compensation in CO-OFDM Transmission. International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology, 2010.
- Mir Nahidul Ambia, Md Asaduzzaman Shoeb, Md Nasimul Islam, Md Kafiul Islam: Prospects of Wind Energy in Bangladesh by an Analysis of Selecting Proper Locations for Installment of Wind Turbine Considering Time & Heights. Stamford Journal of Electrical, Electronic and Communication Technology 1 (3), 2010
- MD. NASIMUL ISLAM MARUF, MOHSIN, A.S.M, MD. ASADUZZAMAN SHOEB, MD. KAFIUL ISLAM, MD. MOKARROM HOSSAIN: STUDY OF THYRISTOR CONTROLLED SERIES CAPACITOR (TCSC) AS A USEFUL FACTS DEVICE. International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology. Vol. 2(9), 2010, 4357-4360. 2010
Conference Proceedings / Poster Presentations
- Amir Jalilifard, Ednaldo Brigante Pizzolato and Md Kafiul Islam: Emotion Classification Using Single-Channel Scalp-EEG Recording. Accepted to IEEE EMBC Conference, 2016.
- M K Islam, Z Yang: Artifact Reduction from Scalp EEG for Epilepsy Seizure Monitoring. Poster Presentation in TSS Group, NUS; 11/2014
- Md Kafiul Islam, Amir Rastegarnia, Anh Tuan Nguyen, Zhi Yang: Poster Presentation on Artifact Characterization and Removal for In-Vivo Neural Recording. NUS ECE Graduate Student Symposium 2014, NUS, Singapore; 05/2014
- Azam Khalili, Amir Rastegarnia, Md Kafiul Islam, Zhi Yang: A bio-inspired cooperative algorithm for distributed source localization with mobile nodes. Conference proceedings: Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference 07/2013; 2013:3515-3518. DOI:10.1109/EMBC.2013.6610300
- Jian Xu, Md Kafiul Islam, Shuo Wang, Zhi Yang: A 13μW 87dB dynamic range implantable ΔΣ modulator for full-spectrum neural recording.. Conference proceedings: Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference 07/2013; 2013:2764-2767. DOI:10.1109/EMBC.2013.6610113
- Md Kafiul Islam, Nguyen A Tuan, Yin Zhou, Zhi Yang: Analysis and Processing of In-Vivo Neural Signal for Artifact Detection and Removal. 5th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Informatics (BMEI), 2012; 10/2012
- MK Islam, AN Haque, G Tangim, T Ahammad, M Khondokar: Study and Analysis of ECG Signal Using MATLAB & LABVIEW as Effective Tools. Presented in the 3rd International Conference on Signal Acquisition and Processing (ICSAP 2011), Singapore.
- Saad Md. Jaglul Haider, Md. Kafiul Islam: Simultaneous detection of randomly arranged multiple barcodes using time division multiplexing technique. Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering 01/2010; 7546:754632. DOI:10.1117/12.853224
- M. M. U. Hasan, Kafiul Islam, Mehedi Azad Shawon, Tasnuva Faruk Nowrin: Embedded programmable blood pressure monitoring system. Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering 01/2010; 7546:75461M. DOI:10.1117/12.855047
- M.F.M. Hasan, G. Tangim, M.K. Islam, M.R.H. Khandokar, A.U. Alam: RFID-based ticketing for public transport system: Perspective megacity Dhaka. Computer Science and Information Technology (ICCSIT), 2010 3rd IEEE International Conference on; 08/2010
- M.N. Ambia, M.A. Shoeb, M.N.I. Maruf, M.M.N. Arefin, M.K. Islam: An analysis of selecting proper locations for installment of wind power plant considering terrain effect. Advanced Management Science (ICAMS), 2010 IEEE International Conference on; 08/2010
- 10. M R H Khandokar, G Tangim, M K Islam, M N I Maruf: Simultaneously multiple 3D barcodes identification using radio frequency. Signal Processing Systems (ICSPS), 2010 2nd International Conference on; 01/2010
- MN Ambia, M K Islam, M A Shoeb, M N I Maruf, ASM Mohsin: An analysis & design on micro generation of a domestic solar-wind hybrid energy system for rural & remote areas-perspective Bangladesh. Mechanical and Electronics Engineering (ICMEE), 2010 2nd International Conference on; 01/2010
- M K Islam, MA Shoeb, T Ahammad, T F Nowrin: Embedded programmable web-based ECG monitoring & detection system using a fast algorithm. Bioinformatics and Biomedical Technology (ICBBT), 2010